How to: Edit Report Templates
You can create your own custom report templates in SalesPartner.
To edit a standard template, you need to copy a standard template into your custom reports folder.
Step 1: Copy to Custom
Select a standard template to edit. Tip: Try editing a simple property flyer template to begin with.
Open Listing Entry, Click Print Reports / Press Ctrl+P
Select a standard template to copy, then click Copy to Custom.
Enter a name for the custom report, click OK
The Report Selection Window will automatically switch to Custom mode. In Custom mode, the Edit tool is enabled.
Select your new custom report template and click Edit.
The report Editing screen will be opened. Tip: Click View -> Zoom -> Default size to use the standard view size for easier editing.
A report template is typically a collection of various objects which merge data from the listing(s) into fields.
Rich Text Fields use scripts to merge multiple items into a single element. These are commonly used for agent profile information because they can detect and merge different information depending on which user is logged in.
Merge fields are simpler, these are typically used to merge adverts, addresses, property details.
Image Merge Fields work like standard merge fields, except they merge image files (listing / agent photos).
Tips and FAQ:
- Save your progress regularly when editing, click File -> Save.
- Double click / right click on an element to view options.
- Some reports contain scripts which affect advert font sizes. Right click on an empty area of the page to View Scripts.
- Instead of re-writing scripts or creating bands from scratch, find existing scripts in other reports to copy and paste into your custom template.
- Use the Preview tool to view your progress.
- Editing templates is often a trial and error process, you can always revert back to a standard template if things don't work so there is no harm in having a go.