- Be prepared with answers and resources for commonly asked questions.
- For many Facebook Marketplace users English is their second language.
- Your advert and pricing information must be clearly composed.
- Some parties assumed the property was for rent (possibly because Facebook Marketplace is rarely used to advertise homes for sale).
- Facebook Marketplace only lets you enter a numerical price for a listing. Users typically enter $123,456,789 when a negotiated offer is sought.
- The vast Facebook network includes people from a variety of backgrounds and demographics.
After listing a property on Facebook Marketplace yesterday with a modest audience budget of $20 (for 5 days), the salesperson has had to remove the advert due to the deluge of messages received.
The home even appeared in my personal marketplace river this morning. Future campaigns will need to consider how inbound communications are managed, possibly with a site for providing FAQs and documentation that can help answer questions. The salesperson acknowledged that although many people did not present as serious buyers, two of the interested parties who made contact via Messenger were looking to buy upon selling their own property.