Reasons to list on Marketplace:
- Cost-effective boosted listing results.
- Organic viral reach with automatic micro-targeting.
- Geographically weighted impressions.
- Marketplace is a new platform in a competitive space but their advantage is that they already have a captive audience.
1. You can list an item under your personal profile but not via your business page.
2. The category option for Home Sales sometimes work, but sometimes doesn't.
3. Setting the location works best on mobile.
4. The Facebook pricing system is limited.
5. Personal contact info will be automatically hidden.
6. Boosting Marketplace listings get more views than Facebook ads for 3rd party websites.
- GIF images are not supported. Property photos should be in JPG or PNG format.
- Its not uncommon for people to assume that your listing is a rental because rentals currently predominate the real estate stock. It's unusual to find houses for sale on Marketplace.
- You may receive a lot of queries through Messenger, especially for a boosted listing.
- Don't think of Marketplace only as a way to sell, but more as a way to catapult your listing's exposure and gain market awareness of your own brand.