To upload a listing from SalesPartner to Trade Me Property via API, the following fields must be completed in Listing Entry:
- Number of Bedrooms and Bathrooms - required for Residential categories
- Vendor details, which is a General requirement for all SalesPartner listings - at the very least, a surname must be entered.
- Pricing (including Search Price and Comment)
- Status: Available or Conditional
- Listing Type e.g: Exclusive. If the Listing Type is 'Auction' or 'Tender' then the Auction/Tender Date and Details must be entered.
- Advert Heading and Text
- Activity (If open home times are scheduled)
- Photos (at least one photo, up to 20 can be displayed)
- Trade Me > Suburb ID
- Category Override must be used in some circumstances e.g: Commercial Business Listings.
How to: upload
Open Listing Entry > Internet Tab
Click Upload to Trade Me > Upload Ensure that under Which site do you want to use: trademe.co.nz is selected.
You'll be prompted to enter your Trade Me (Office) Username and Password, then click Log in
Once you have been authenticated, the listing will be uploaded.
Errors (if any) will indicate which fields are missing or incomplete.
Upon completing the upload, you can view the listing on Trade Me using your default web browser.
Tips: Ensure that the salesperson details are complete for the agent who is assigned to the listing in Listing tab, > View Salesperson. Once the listing is uploaded, the Trade Me Property reference code will be displayed in the Internet tab. To re-upload photos, open Listing Entry > Photos, click View What Photos are Online > Re-upload all photos.
Notes: With API, listings are managed individually - not in bulk. If a listing is Withdrawn, you need to manually withdraw the listing from Trade Me. If listing details are changed or updated, simply re-upload the listing from Listing Entry > Internet Tab > Upload to Trade Me, to instantly update the listing.