- Modify the rezy.ini in C:\Windows\ to point to the local directory (C:\spartner) instead of the share path. Also deleted the temporary path for the past user.
- In C:\spartner\ Deleted the contents of PRIV, PRIV2, TMP and also PDOXUSRS.NET.
- Deleted Lock files via Utilities + Re-index, Reread datafiles.
- Shifted the BDE paths to the local directory instead of the share path and also deleted the TMP record.
- Migrated to Version 14.
- In compatibility settings escalated the program to run as administrator - not normally required but may have helped in this case because the original folders belonged to a previous user.
After a SalesPartner server was repurposed as a standalone workstation, performance was observed to deteriorate during launch, queries, updating and backing up processes. The desktop PC had been moved to a new local area network, and a new user account had been provisioned. After the steps below were completed the application ran much faster.